Expert tips from La Prairie Australia’s Belinda Besant
Photograph by wedding photographer Mikey Andersson
When a newly engaged bride starts to plan her wedding, when do you suggest she starts to think about her skin preparation for her special day?
As soon as you start to think about the dress, think about your skin! Usually 6-12 months before your big day will give you the time needed to achieve the results you desire.
Skin that radiates all over takes 6 – 12 months preparation.
Photographs by wedding photographer Antonova Kseniya
What are the key steps involved in the Ultimate Bridal Skincare Journey?
As every ones journey may be a little different, book in for a complimentary consultation with a skincare expert. Discuss with them any skincare concerns you may have and what you are hoping to achieve for the big day. They will tailor a program to meet those needs and advise the key products to get you started.
What are the key milestones in the countdown to achieve glowing skin for your big day?
Glowing skin countdown
- 6 months. Think about what you want to achieve and discuss with a skincare expert.
- 5 months. After 1 skin cycle reassess your skin and discuss results with your expert. Your customized program may need to be adjusted slightly.
- 1 month. Introduce Cellular Power Infusion to your regime to give your skin an energy boost. All that organizing, and the inevitable stress, can take its toll on your skin. Cellular Power Infusion recharges your skin and ensures your skin has the energy to function at its optimum.
- 1 week. Keep up your water intake and apply a hydration mask to keep your skin looking fresh and glowing.
A week prior to your big day apply the La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Sleep Mask for ultimate hydration
You have such a wealth of experience in the beauty industry. What are your tips for having glowing skin not only for your wedding day but ongoing on a day to day basis?
- Facials are every brides’ must have. They improve circulation and stimulate cell renewal and hydration with the added bonus of de-stressing you in the lead up to the big day. This is something that can be continued to maintain the glow!
- Find a routine that’s right for you and your lifestyle. Products that become part of your everyday ritual will be the products that deliver results. Your skincare expert will help you work out your product must haves for day to day to deliver the skin results you are after.
What key products would you recommend as ‘must haves’ for the bride on her wedding day and why?
- To ensure you look great throughout the day take an instant touch up for lips and eyes. Anti Aging Eye and Lip Perfection a Porter This perfecting dual compact chases away signs of fatigue and the appearance of lines around the eyes in an instant while the lip balm hydrates and plumps lips to perfection.
The Wedding Showcase Editor Kate O’Shea can’t live without her La Prairie Anti-Aging Eye and Lip Perfection a Porter
- Light Fantastic – This multi tasking highlighter is a great makeup freshener as it gives instant luminosity to the eye area and cheekbones. Just brush it over your makeup in the areas that need a little extra help and blend with your fingertips.
To find out more about your Ultimate Bridal Skincare Journey visit La Prairie in Your Wedding Guide here.
As readers of The Wedding Showcase La Prairie invite you to simply enter the word ‘Luxury’ at the check out of laprairie.com.au with any purchase to receive your Forever Caviar gift. Your gift includes deluxe replicas of Skin Caviar Luxe Cream 5ml, Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream 3ml and Skin Caviar Luxe Sleep Mask, 5ml.