- The Private Label was created and launched by Harrolds in 2012. Can you tell us a bit about the collection?
Our Private Label suiting collections is available in two cuts- French, which offers a slim-fit cut and is designed to give an elegant, modern silhouette and British in a refined, classical style.
Our collections are seasonal and arrive four times a year in a range of fabrics. We design for all the needs of the modern wardrobe from tuxedos to office wear and suits designed specifically for racing season.
The Harrolds Private Label collection constantly evolves to suit the needs of the market and of our customers, this season we have introduced French cut double-breasted suits in an array of seasonal fabrics.
- Do you offer a made to measure service as part of The Private Label?
Yes, we do. Our Private Label is available as Ready-to-Wear or Made to Measure.
- What would the process involve if a groom wanted to get his wedding day suit from The Harrolds Private Label?
Grooms are encouraged to make an appointment on our website or drop by our stores for a consultation with one of our in store specialists. Together our staff, the groom and his party create a look based on the needs of the groom and the client’s requirements. Clients can select from either Ready-to-wear or Made to Measure day suits. Our Ready-to-wear range for this season includes 3 styles of tuxedo.
If the client has selected Made to Measure he can then select which fabric and finishings he would like. A client’s measurements and requirements are then sent to the tailoring spa we partner with in Italy and his suit is crafted. Six weeks later, the garment is ready for collection in store for fitting and final alterations.
- Are there any groom trends that have caught your eye?
In recent years grooms have moved away from traditional black suits to midnight blue with contrast grosgrain lapels. This season expect to see a different take on the traditional tuxedo with the resurrection of the white dinner jacket and also the trend towards destination weddings with white or blue linen a focus.
- From your extensive experience what advice or tips would you give men when looking for a new suit?
It is paramount to purchase a quality suit that is tailored to your body shape. Investing in a quality timeless piece will ensure longevity and lasting style.
- You travel the world buying from the most beautiful menswear collections. What are your favourite labels at the moment?
Thom Browne, Maison Margiela, Tom Ford, Tim Coppens, Dries Van Noten.
To make your appointment or find out more visit the Harrolds website here.